Sunday, January 09, 2011

This and That

Postponed....

You know how you plan each room and as money and time and inspiration come along, you start decorating it? I had plans for my living room. You know that formal place as you enter the front door? The one where all visitors enter? It was going to have a nice sofa and be all casual yet nice. That's not how the vision turned out. It just isn't that time in our lives. We are at that 'functional' time when you have to use every space for real life. So that room now contains a china cabinet, my grandfather's old desk, a computer center, a piano, and this.....
A lab for The Doctor. Room for him to experiment and create. And you know what...it makes him happy. It makes me happy too because now his 'stuff' is not on my dining table 24/7. Don't get me wrong, there is still an occasional spare part left on the dining table but the vast majority lives here. The funny thing is NOW everyone else wants their own table.

Way over due....

Today I took Ansley and Judson to see their first movie in a real theater. I think they enjoyed it. And with only 2 bathroom breaks (1 for each child at different times) during the movie, I don't think I missed too much.

2 comments:

Charissa said...

What movie did you see? And that is exactly the reason we quit doing it years ago. They wouldn't pause the movie for our frequent bathroom breaks!

Anonymous said...

You gotta do, what you gotta do...

Personally, I think it is great!
Lori