Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 4 of Captivity (It continues to be cold)

I'm pretty sure the main streets are passable but the side streets continue to be icy. Judson just asked if we could go out to eat today. Ummmm.......no. However, I will HAVE to venture out tomorrow as we will be out of chocolate milk. One does NOT tell Sawyer we are out of chocolate milk and live to tell about it.

Today, I pulled out a project for Sawyer to work on. Santa brought him a bank to build. So, I threw caution to the wind and gave the boy a hammer while I held the pieces in place. To his credit, I still have all my fingers and no bruises. This is what he built.Now, I'm sure many of you moms see the benefit of this beyond just your ordinary piggy bank. You see something that helps him work on fine motor skills (by placing the coins in the slots) AND it also helps him with coin recognition(penny, nickel, dime, quarter) AND the front panel keeps up with the total money in each slot(addition)! Isn't this the coolest thing ever? The other kids want one too. Hoping Lowe's still has a few left.

No comments: